THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The Club collects general information about you, such as your name, address and contact details when you apply for membership or visit the Club. This information is required under the Corporations and/or Registered Clubs Acts. It may also collect this and other types of personal information, such as your membership number, during the course of dealing with you, when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Club and when you participate in promotions or return feedback forms.
In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of members and guests, the Club also operates video surveillance within the Club premises and may collect personal information in the course of investigating complaints or pursuing disciplinary proceedings. Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to accept your application for membership or provide you with access to our services.
Users can visit the Club website without revealing who they are or other personal information. The Club will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
PHOTOGRAPHS AND CLOSED-CIRCUIT TELEVISION
We use closed circuit televisions (CCTV) at certain locations throughout our premises (e.g. Entry and exit) and surrounding areas. The CCTV is integral to our security system and CCTV images are stored for a minimum “retention period” of 28 days (unless an incident is identified, in which case the images are retained for a minimum period of one year after the retention period unless they are given to the relevant authority (e.g., police). The CCTV footage must be archived if requested by the relevant authority.
If an incident occurs at the venue, CCTV footage for the period leading up to, during and following the incident must be archived and where no incident has been identified, the CCTV footage is automatically deleted within 30 days after the minimum retention period.
We may take photographs of you attending our premises, and we may wish to use them for marketing and advertising purposes. Unless you advise us otherwise, you expressly agree and consent to the use of any photographs, which may include you, for the aforementioned purposes, without compensation.
The Club will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which it holds and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Club will ensure reasonable steps are taken not to disclose your personal information to overseas recipients The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information.
The Club will not use your personal information for any other purpose without first seeking your consent, unless authorised or required by law. Generally the Club will only use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- to process and maintain your membership to the Club, including displaying in the club and in some cases disclosing your name and address (as required by law) and providing you with newsletters, annual reports and other information necessary to allow you to play an active role in the Club, such as information about candidates standing for election to the board of the Club;
- to provide the products or services you have requested from the Club;
- to answer your inquiry;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- in accordance with the Constitution of the Club;
- to assist us to make the Club's site, services and products more valuable to our members and guests;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments that may be of interest to you. If you are contacted in this way without the Club obtaining your prior consent, it will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
- to third parties where the Club has retained those third parties to assist us to operate the Club and provide the products or services you have requested, such as marketing consultants and promotions companies, catering and event coordinators, website hosts and IT consultants, and our professional advisers such as management consultants, lawyers, accountants and to different parts of the Padstow RSL Club to enable the development and marketing of our products and services and to improve our customer service in general.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may request access to the personal information that the Club holds about you by contacting the Club's Privacy Officer as set out below. The Club will provide you access to your personal information unless wit is legally authorised to refuse your request.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you and confirming your identification, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to have your personal information deleted please contact the Privacy Officer to arrange for the information to be deleted. The Club may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances.
CONTACTS AND CANCELLING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
Should you wish to decline receiving any direct marketing communications from the club, please contact the Privacy Officer by phone (02) 9773-0528 or via e-mail at email@example.com or in writing addressed to the Privacy Officer, 24-28 Howard rd Padstow 2211. Any SMS text or electronic marketing communication sent from the club will provide for an opportunity to “Opt Out” of the service and remove your details from the marketing database.
More Information can be provided by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org